We've been slightly quiet over the last few weeks - but that’s because it’s been an extremely productive time for us! Please take a seat and make yourself comfortable - there are lots of exciting updates.
Earlier this year we added support for email. We went down a bit of a rabbit hole to make sure this new communication channel was as reliable as it could get, but a core feature of emails was missing: attachments.
Well, that is not an issue anymore because we have added full support for attachments, both inbound (from your customers) and outbound (to your customers).
Currently, attachments are limited to email messages, with chat support coming soon. You can attach up to 25 files and up to 6MB's worth of attachments.
“You keep telling us you are API first, how you make good APIs, but I have not seen any of it. Please show me the API!”
We have some great news here. We are ramping up the work to make Plain's API developer experience as good as you'd expect from a product built in 2022. We will release more details on this very soon, so watch this space!
In the meantime, we want our customers to get familiar with the API we have been working on for months. The first step in this direction has been to embed GraphiQL in our support app.
As you can see, queries just work. You only need to pick a workspace and you are good to go.
Bear in mind that when you run queries through this UI, you will be using your credentials. This means that you will have the same level of access you are assigned in that workspace.
Support within support
It's time for some dog food(ing). We have now enabled a small support button in all workspaces that you can use to get in touch with us. The real highlight here is that we have not hacked anything together. To set this up, we simply followed our own instructions and it ✨ just works ✨. Drop us a message if you need any help!
The 'many other things'
- 👱 Added new queries to retrieve customers
customerByExternalId, as well as an extremely useful
upsertCustomerwhich heavily simplifies creating/updating customers
- 🐛 Fixed bug where notification counts were sometimes wrong in chat
- 🐛 Fixed a bug which was causing the support app to re-fetch the customer timeline more often than it needed to. Things should feel snappier now.
- 🐛 Fixed bug handling additional recipients (BCC'd) in the timeline
- 🐛 Fixed a bug which sometimes meant emails were sent but the support app only showed them as ‘sending…’ until you refreshed
- 🚶 We now default to the last queue you were on when you press back from a customer page
- 🎯 CMD + Enter on a customer will now automatically assign you, so you can start helping right away
- 📏 Composer now automatically resizes when you switch between email and chat to give you more space to write long emails
- 🧐 Composer now auto-focuses when you have to open an issue